Monday, January 03, 2005

Happy 2005

What did you do? I sat at home and downed a bottle of champagne by myself. I did ring the guy at work that I'm not remotely attracted to but am talking to out of sheer boredom, but other than that, nada.

And I did nothing all weekend. Like...Literally nothing. Like...stare at the television and drink vodka for 48 hours nothing. And at some point during the weekend, I decided that I should probably re-evaluate my life. And make some resolutions. Oh, sure, I ate the greens and black eyed peas (http://tinyurl.com/6vk2m) but that's about it. I didn't even take the Xmas tree or outside decorations down. I keep waiting for a neighbor to leave a kind note on my front door informing me that it is bad luck to have Xmas decor up past the New Year. I'm going to politely inform them that I'm decorating early for Xmas 2005 so how can it possibly be bad luck? I'm just naturally festive.

I don't know, though. I'm thinking it's time for a sincerely hard look at my life and make some changes. Like seriously, can I STOP DRINKING FOR GOD'S SAKE?!?!?!?! Is there any moment I can experience in my life without artificial emotion involved? Jesus Christ, I'm sick of my weakness. I need to go back to overeating as my main addiction.

Whatever. I'll probably have a resolution list up soon. A look back on 2004? I was drunk. Oh, and I bought a house, that's a plus. But I screwed up my credit again and can't afford to pay off any of my credit card bills, so you know, minus. I bought a dog. Big mistake. Don't get me wrong, I love Puppylicious (aka The Puppy) with all of my heart but I wouldn't do it again. Incidentally, his birthday was the 31st. He's a year old. And a lot taller than he used to be (full-bred Pomeranian my ass) so he gets into a lot more trouble. More height = more beatings. J/K, he doesn't even know the meaning of the word discipline which is why he's a rotten rotten thing that tears up everything in his path. And why Chairman Miaow (my cat) hates him.

In 2005 I resolve not to waste entire days doing nothing more than sitting and drinking...stay tuned for more...

2 Comments:

Blogger Hoopster said...

Life sucks sometimes, but hang in there. Dont let all the bad things win, I know I try to fight it every day as well.

January 4, 2005 at 3:10 PM  
Blogger Johnny said...

I luv it.

You know on another planet (or various frat houses), you would be considered Queen of the Universe.

There might even be a wrestling belt involved.

hey visit yurdrunk.blogspot.com

I think you'd make a snazzy addition.

January 4, 2005 at 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home