Sunday, January 09, 2005

On second thought, maybe there is a God after all

The worst day of my life has just turned into the best. I just heard that Oasis's new album is going to be released on May 16. Just when I thought I would never recover from the devastating news of the demise of the Brad and Jen super-couple, a ray of hope appears to snatch me back from the darkside.

And speaking of good things, yesterday I received my all-encompassing DVD of "The Office" and experienced something I can only describe as pure orgasmic joy. You know that feeling you get when two things seem to come together and you have a revelation? Like...you finally realise what heaven must be like and can't imagine that you were ever able to live without it? You know, like peanut butter and chocolate or sparkly purple gems that light up and blink for you?

Well, I experienced one of those moments of utter bliss yesterday when I was watching every single second of "The Office" and on the DVD extras, I found Noel Gallagher doing back up for a Ricky Gervais/David Brent mong (mock song). It was one of those moments where I wanted to call everyone I knew and shout to the heavens that this miracle had occurred, but then I realised that no one I knew would understand the pure wonder of this discovery.

So, I share it here with you, dear internet. Even though no one reads this site and I fear that no one will ever know the details of this miraculous happening, I can always hope...that maybe someone out there squeezed into their computer chair eating a Reeses cup and staring at their purple blinking ring will still have hope that there is a reason to soldier on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Johnny said...

someday you will find me
wandering the school halls
with a champagne super nova
in the sky

January 12, 2005 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger Ed Adkins said...

First off, watching the Office, nay- simply knowing it exists- is sometimes the one thing convincing me to take my next breath.

Second- I could have sworn I saw him creditied on one of the episodes, or maybe in something i read online- so don't feel alone.

January 14, 2005 at 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home